It's a Beautiful World ~ Fall Release October 4, 2021
LISTEN TO TITLE TRACK ABOVE
Digital Download of Entire Album Available on All Your Favorite
Streaming Sites! Starts October 4th!
Spotify , Apple Music , iTunes , Instagram/Facebook , TikTok/Resso , YouTube Music , Amazon , Soundtrack by Twitch , Pandora , Deezer , Tidal , iHeartRadio , ClaroMusica , Saavn , Boomplay , Anghami , KKBox , NetEase , Tencent , Triller (beta) , Yandex Music (beta) , MediaNet
It's A Beautiful World
Release Date: October 4, 2021
Physical CD - Cost includes tax, shipping and handling.
Family Music Album ~15 Original Songs by Allison DeSalvo
Skip along through the changing seasons in It's A Beautiful World. The songs explore the gifts that are experienced through friendship, family, and in our interactions with nature, and support children’s understanding between the outer, physical world and their inner, emotional lives, and inspire caring about each other and the earth.
(Geared for ages preK - 1st / 1 - 100 years :)
PRE-ORDERS Start on August 23rd
on iTunes & Amazon only.
ALLISON DESALVO - lead and backing vocals on all songs, and snaps on 6.
DEREK CHAFIN– guitars on all songs except 9 & 12; lap steel guitar on 7; mandolin on 2 & 5; Hammond B3 organ on 3 & 8; electric bass on 2 & 8; percussion on 2, 6, 7 & 15; tambourine and shakers on 1 & 3; claps on 4; snaps on 6; bell tree on 11; and programming on all songs. Derek Chafin appears courtesy of a|i|r records.
DAVID LENAT – acoustic guitar on 9 & 12.
DYLAN TAYLOR – electric bass on 3, 7, 14 & 15; acoustic bass on 4, 5, 9 & 12; and cello on 5.
CARL ADAMS – electric bass on 1, 10 & 13.
TODD ISLER – drums & percussion on all songs except 2, 6 & 11.
KIDS VOCALS – Asa and Zoe Johnson, Jack Joyner, Lia and Joey Kramer, Avery Murray, and Dmitri Simons, on 3, 6, 7, & 13; Asa and Zoe also on 1 & 12; Lia and Joey also on 14; Lafe Chafin on 9.
CO-PRODUCED BY ALLISON DESALVO & DEREK CHAFIN
RECOREDED, ENGINEERED & MIXED BY DEREK CHAFIN | BARNSOUND STUDIO, PA
MASTERED BY PETER HUMPHREYS | MASTERWORKS, PA
WORLD OF SONG PRODUCTIONS © 2021 | WWW.WORLDOFSONG.COM
COVER PAINTING BY CHERYL STOLL THYGESON | PHOTOGRAPHY BY ANDREW J. OSTER DESIGN
CD DESIGN CONCEPT BY ALLISON DESALVO | CD MADE IN USA BY DISKMAKERS
A portion of proceeds from the sale of this album will be donated to educational, and environmental organizations.
Request Lyric Booklet
(A Collection of 15 Original Songs in Swing, Soul, Folk, Americana and World Music Styles.)
- It's a Beautiful World: Climb up in a tree with Allison DeSalvo on a sunny, autumn day, greeting the world with a smile and song in your heart in this title track. Celebrate the power of a simple ‘hello’ and the promise of joyful connections with each other and our ‘beautiful world’.
- Apple Round: Reminiscent of days gone by, this madrigal merry-go-‘round’ captures fall’s iconic traditions of apple picking, colorful foliage and pumpkin harvesting time.
- My ABCs: Kids join Allison in phonetically sounding out their letters to form words and linking up the magic of learning the alphabet with reading, writing and expressing themselves in this R & B style tune.
- Boogie Woogie Happy: Grab a partner and get "happy" in this 1940’s swing tune assured to get everybody’s feet movin’ and groovin' around the living room whether you're 2 or 92.
- Spin Spider Spin: A child observes the habits of a variety of forest creatures in their native habitat, portrayed by contrasting instruments, as they awaken in harmony with the cycles of the sun each morning in this chamber music like piece.
- Pumpkin Pie: This percussion poem story chant takes the listener from farm to family dinner table, with kids getting into the action by growing, mixing and baking with the excited anticipation of finally getting to eat the pie.
- Driving My Truck: Nothing like a truck full of kids for a humorous take on the family road trip. An ode to kids love of vehicles, this country tune rides the ups and downs with laughter and a reminder to keep your eyes on the road and your heart toward the horizon.
- Colors of Winter: This 60’s style tune references the seasons and hemispheres to illuminate the two sides of everything, and importantly, what is on the outside is not necessarily what is on the inside.
- Play in the Snow: Inspired by the classic children’s book “The Snowy Day” by Ezra Keats, this soulful tune is about the fun of snow, the sharing of friendship and the improvisation of play in each moment.
- Let’s Take Care of the Earth We Share: A child’s immediate experience of feeling one with our world is explored in different landscapes around the globe, juxtaposed against pollution and mistreatment, with a call to action that we do our part in cleaning up and taking care of the earth.
- Painting Raindrops: Pick up your brush and follow along to the rhythmic "pitter-patter" in this sweet ballad where watercolor strokes represent raindrops and where the weather changes – like our feelings, reassuring children that the sun is always shining behind every cloud.
- Plant a Seed: Follow a family’s joy to create a garden, while learning to slow down and enjoy the process in this breezy Jamaican influenced song that embraces the splendor of spring, growing food and the lessons that come "in their own time".
- Jungle Animal Dance: Explore the wild animals of Africa on an imaginary safari in this world 'music and movement' jungle adventure that honors many majestic beings sadly endangered today.
- Turtle My Friend: Swimming in gentle currents of soothing sounds, this song highlights the moment baby turtles hatch and follow starlight on the ocean’s surface to return home to the sea, bringing awareness to the plight of these ancient reptiles due to light pollution.
- Grateful In Love: The simple but profound message that "you are loved, we’re all in love" is like an ocean around us and nurtures our essential connections, comforting children and folks of all ages in an ever changing world.
Throughout Covid-19, I safely persevere getting into the studio with masterful multi-instrumentalist, engineer and record producer, Derek Chafin of BarnSound to continue working on my 2nd album of family music. Great musician friends came in to lay down special parts; drums for the world music feel, all the way from NYC -Todd Isler, bass and cello tracks by Philly jazz artist - Dylan Taylor, supported by my husband Carl Adams playing electric bass on a few tracks. Then it was my turn to do the vocals and harmonies. We finished the mixing and mastering a few weeks ago and it's done! Off to be printed into disks and it's ready for digital distribution. The live concert event will be on October 2nd (more information) and the digital release will be on October 4th, 2021 (honoring my late father on his birthdate.)
I'm working on making music videos and developing partnerships with various charitable organizations to support their fundraising missions as it relates to the themes of each song. My first single was successfully released on June 9th - Turtle My Friend, to coincide with Sea Turtle Week & World Turtle Day. We are collaborating with Save A Turtle and proceeds from downloads of the song will support their rescue efforts and educational outreach for many years.
I can't wait to share the album with you and your children! It's been an amazing experience, fun and challenging at times, but I'm so excited and grateful.
My goal is to continue bring music to kids filled with life affirming messages of positivity and joy grounded in the beauty of nature and our loving relationships with each other, so important in today's complex world.
Stay Tuned For Updates! Subscribe to be the first to get all the info :)