It's A Beautiful World
Physical CD disk. Cost does not includes tax, shipping and handling.
Official Release: October 4, 2021
Family Music Album ~15 Original Songs in Swing, Soul, Folk, Americana and World Music
Skip along through the changing seasons in It's A Beautiful World. The songs explore the gifts that are experienced through friendship, family, and in our interactions with nature, and support children’s understanding between the outer, physical world and their inner, emotional lives, and inspire caring about each other and the earth.
(Geared for ages preK - 1st / 1 - 100 years :)
About the Album ~ Song Titles and Descriptions
- It's a Beautiful World: Climb up in a tree with Allison DeSalvo on a sunny, autumn day, greeting the world with a smile and song in your heart in this title track. Celebrate the power of a simple ‘hello’ and the promise of joyful connections with each other and our ‘beautiful world’.
- Apple Round: Reminiscent of days gone by, this madrigal merry-go-‘round’ captures fall’s iconic traditions of apple picking, colorful foliage and pumpkin harvesting time.
- My ABCs: Kids join Allison in phonetically sounding out their letters to form words and linking up the magic of learning the alphabet with reading, writing and expressing themselves in this R & B style tune.
- Boogie Woogie Happy: Grab a partner and get "happy" in this 1940’s swing tune assured to get everybody’s feet movin’ and groovin' around the living room whether you're 2 or 92.
- Spin Spider Spin: A child observes the habits of a variety of forest creatures in their native habitat, portrayed by contrasting instruments, as they awaken in harmony with the cycles of the sun each morning in this chamber music like piece.
- Pumpkin Pie: This percussion poem story chant takes the listener from farm to family dinner table, with kids getting into the action by growing, mixing and baking with the excited anticipation of finally getting to eat the pie.
- Driving My Truck: Nothing like a truck full of kids for a humorous take on the family road trip. An ode to kids love of vehicles, this country tune rides the ups and downs with laughter and a reminder to keep your eyes on the road and your heart toward the horizon.
- Colors of Winter: This 60’s style tune references the seasons and hemispheres to illuminate the two sides of everything, and importantly, what is on the outside is not necessarily what is on the inside.
- Play in the Snow: Inspired by the classic children’s book “The Snowy Day” by Ezra Keats, this soulful tune is about the fun of snow, the sharing of friendship and the improvisation of play in each moment.
- Let’s Take Care of the Earth We Share: A child’s immediate experience of feeling one with our world is explored in different landscapes around the globe, juxtaposed against pollution and mistreatment, with a call to action that we do our part in cleaning up and taking care of the earth.
- Painting Raindrops: Pick up your brush and follow along to the rhythmic "pitter-patter" in this sweet ballad where watercolor strokes represent raindrops and where the weather changes – like our feelings, reassuring children that the sun is always shining behind every cloud.
- Plant a Seed: Follow a family’s joy to create a garden, while learning to slow down and enjoy the process in this breezy Jamaican influenced song that embraces the splendor of spring, growing food and the lessons that come "in their own time".
- Jungle Animal Dance: Explore the wild animals of Africa on an imaginary safari in this world 'music and movement' jungle adventure that honors many majestic beings sadly endangered today.
- Turtle My Friend: Swimming in gentle currents of soothing sounds, this song highlights the moment baby turtles hatch and follow starlight on the ocean’s surface to return home to the sea, bringing awareness to the plight of these ancient reptiles due to light pollution.
- Grateful In Love: The simple but profound message that "you are loved, we’re all in love" is like an ocean around us and nurtures our essential connections, comforting children and folks of all ages in an ever changing world.